Happy Valentines Day everyone! I would not normally post anything about zucchinis on Valentines Day, but hey……
I brought a loaf of my homemade zucchini-clove bread to a Walking Dead party on Sunday night. The loaf had been developing its flavors in my freezer for a few months. Someone asked for my recipe, so without further ado here it is:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
- Grate 3 heaping cups of zucchini skin and all. Retain the juices. I use a cheese grater for this. Set aside.
- Mix the following dry ingredients well:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
5. Add the following to the dry mix:
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup oil
- 3 cups of grated zucchini including the residual liquid
6. Blend well.
7. Pour the batter into the pans. Bake at 350F for about 1 hour until a knife comes out clean.
Let it cool for at least 15 minutes before you take it out of the pan.
If you want to take it up a notch, add a 1/2 a tsp of ground cayenne pepper and a 1/2 a tsp of all-spice.
So come July when you have more Zucchini than you know what to do with, remember this recipe, and always remember to love one another.